Friday, October 3, 2008

The Journey of 26.2 Miles Begins.....

with a visit to the podiatrist.

Several months a go Braden and I told our friends Brett and Kathleen that we would run the Disney World Marathon with them. Since I was uber pregnant with Bubba Dos when we made said promise I bought myself a litte over year and a half to get in top running condition. Those of you who know me will know that I am going to need every single day of it :)

Apparently I didn't get started on the right foot. I've been trying to follow a training program but have been experiencing some pretty intense pain.

A quick trip to the podiatrist, a few x-rays, and the verdict is in....I need surgery to fix one of the problems.

Having surgery would not only throw off my training, but what on earth would I do in a walking cast with two babies to take care of?! Not to mention I am anxious to ski this winter.

Taking into account that the surgery is nothing critical, and my intense desire to spend some time on the slopes this winter, and the fact that I need to be able keep my little ones entertained and well taken care of, I have decided to try some custom orthotics ( I sound like such an old lady) and hope for the best.

I am going to try running just 3 miles a day three days a week until my feet feel a little better. In the meantime I'm taking up yoga again.

So, if you happen to see me limping around at church, the grocery store, the park, or Target, or if you happen to be around at 6 am on the days that I run, wish me luck. I think I'm going to need it.

No comments: